Choosing a Hosting Service

Discussion in 'Website Hosting' started by clasione, May 3, 2017.

Interact with like-minded individuals, ask a web hosting question, share your knowledge, promote services or just make friends.

1. clasione

clasione Administrator Staff Member

If you are building a small information or text based website you can use a cheap through away hosting account such as one from Godaddy or Hostgator, but if your site will have a database, require backups, have any user generated images or videos or anything at all either server intensive or CPU intensive I would definitely not go with a cheaper hosting service. If it is going to be an important site and it will be storing anything other than text – I would use a better, more reliable and more scale-able hosting account. Not only will it save you potential headaches down the road and will probably come with better support, but your site will load faster and search engines also like sites that load really fast, so I would go with a great hosting account if there is any large image uploading and downloading or any other significant functionality going on.

I have some easy to understand hosting recommendations here.

2. Ariel

Ariel New Member

Nicely said John. I agree. For personal sites free and cheap hosting is enough but for business type websites it depends on how huge the website will be and how will it be used. There are different types of web hosting services and this is mostly misunderstood by business owners. Having a consultant on your side is going to help and a web hosting service that is maintained personally by its owner is what I usually prefer. Larger web hosting is perfect if you want to host a huge service like making your own facebook or running your chain of businesses but for average business, web hosting maintained or supervised by its owner is much better in my opinion. You get to interact with the owner who in most cases has been with the industry for many years and can advice you with your business needs.

3. clasione

clasione Administrator Staff Member

Just updating this post. URL: http://www.webhostingnerds.com has been changed into a standalone page now. Nore more hosting recommendations here.

The companies were:
    • Hosting.com
    • Rackspace.com
    • Godaddy.com
    • HostGator.com